Business Analyst - TEKsystems (Frankfort, Kentucky)
Posted: Friday, January 25, 2013 7:28 PM
- Gather and document business requirements and establish scope of work
- Work with technical staff to design the appropriate solution
- Coordinate testing and implementation
- Prepare work breakdown structure with the team
- Work with teams consisting of project managers, business & technical analysts and developers
- Determine and Prepare appropriate deliverables for the assigned project (PRD, Use Cases, test plan, etc)
- Document supported systems
- Prepare written reports for your team on project status or task status on a weekly basis
- Work with assigned team to prepare cost estimates and budgets for new business development
Knowledge and experience
- IT background with project management/business analysis experience in IT projects.
- Candidates should have a minimum of 5 years of analytical experience.
- Experience with projects through all stages of SDLC.
- Define test plans and ensure that products are defect free before User Acceptance Testing.
- Use analytical skills and partner closely with other members of functional project teams to define business requirements.
- Must be methodical, meticulous and able to meet and set deadlines and priorities in a structured way.
- Must be flexible and communicative, and enjoy teamwork.
- Strong Decision-making, Conflict Resolution, and Facilitation Skills.
- Excellent Interpersonal, Written and Oral Communication Skills:
o Giving a presentation in front of peers and superiors
o Writing concise emails, using proper grammar
o Articulating your ideas effectively so that others can easily understand, both in meetings or in one-on-one conversations
o Speaking in a way that is professional, polished, confident and free of "ums", "likes" and other slang or fillers
o Explaining proposals, ideas, policies and plans to customers or clients
- Must be highly organized
Join TEKsystems(*) and get your career on the fast track. As the leading technology staffing and services firm, we are passionate about deploying highaliber IT and communications expertise. To satisfy our constant need for expertise, we actively seek talented Technical Professionals with all levels of information technology and communications skills. TEKsystems knows that every professional has different needs, so well work together to determine a suitable benefits package. We offer options to our Technical Professionals that could include: a health plan, 401k, provisions for vacation and holiday pay, and technical and professional training. With a foundation as the nations largest IT staffing firm, weve become a billion-dollar services company by blending superior client service with an unrivaled ability to source and manage talent to precise specifications, resulting in successful technology executions. Allegis Group and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. M/F/D/V
• Location: Lexington, Frankfort
• Post ID: 5081327 lexington